I‘ve been blogging for well over a year now, and in that time I’ve built up a considerable archive of articles. In fact, I’ve now published over 660 articles on this site.
We’ve come a long way in the past year, going from a small blog that no one was reading, to the point where we now enjoy tens of thousands of readers every month.
I feel truly blessed to have been able to make a small contribution to the blogosphere, and I thank you all for sticking with us.
Today I thought we could take a look at some of our best articles from 1 year ago in June 2008. (hat tip to Simple Dollar for this idea)
One Year Ago On Bible Money Matters (June 2008)
- Financial Peace University Week By Week: It was just over a year ago that we started taking Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University. We were greatly impacted by the class, and you can read about our experience starting here.
- Save Like You’re Paying Off A High Interest Debt: This post uses an illustration from the Back To The Future movies, how could you not like it?
- Saving Money At The Movies This Summer: Finding things to do during the summer and staying within a budget can be tough. This post looked at ways you can be entertained at the movies without spending a ton of money.
- Sad News – Passing Of A Loving Grandmother: My grandmother passed away a year ago this month. We all miss her greatly, but we’re rejoicing that she’s now in heaven!
- Food Is A Big Expense. 20 Ways To Save On Food: One of the biggest expenditures in our budget is our food budget. Here are some ways we’ve found to cut down on how much we’re spending.
- 7 Questions That Can Change Your Life: I’m not sure that these questions changed my life, but looking back it’s amazing to see how far we’ve come from my answers then. 1 year ago this month I was getting my first Adsense check from this blog (Adsense has increased substantially since then), and we were still taking Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University course (since then we’ve taught the class). In other areas discussed, I’ve still got a lot of work to do.
- Lies And Money: What Are You Keeping From Your Spouse?: This article talks about how important communication in marriage is, and how lies about money (or other things) can harm a marriage.
- Automated Tithing: A New Way To Give: This guest post talked about a new trend in churches, tithing via an automated tithing machine (ATM). Personally, I still prefer the discipline (and worship) of actually writing a check every week.
So those are a few of my better posts from last year at this time. I think a lot of the posts are quite good, and it’s challenging me when I read them to make sure I continue writing things up to those standards. Find other articles from the past year and a half in our Archive, or read some of my favorites on our Best Of Page. Some of the older posts don’t have many comments, so chime in with your thoughts now!
Getting More Out Of Bible Money Matters
There are a lot of ways to get even more out of Bible Money Matters. We have a variety of ways to build community, keep in touch, and ways to stay updated when new content comes down the pipes.
- Subscribe To Site Updates Via RSS Or Email: Visiting the site and reading articles regularly is great, but sometimes you need an easier way to get updated. If you’d like easier access to site content you can join with almost 10,000 others subscribers and add our RSS feed to your feed reader, or sign up to receive free updates via email.
- Comment On Our Articles: We love it when readers get engaged, and add their two cents to the comments at the bottom of each post. It really adds so much to the content when readers chime in with their thoughts! Want to find out what topics are hot, and getting lots of comments? Check here for a list of hot topics.
- Follow Me On X/Twitter: You can follow me on X/Twitter where I do daily commentary, send out links to other great content, and just chat with and get to know folks. Twitter is a great compliment to this site, and if you aren’t following me on twitter, you aren’t getting the whole package. Follow me on Twitter.
- Friend Us On Facebook: You can like us on facebook, and become a fan of our blog! Become a part of the community there!
Thanks for reading Bible Money Matters, commenting, and becoming a member of the community. We appreciate it so much and hope to continue providing great content in the coming years.