Over the years I’ve stressed how important I think it is to find ways to make income on the side.
Having income in addition to your day job salary can allow you to do things you might otherwise have been unable to do.
You’ll be able to pay off more debt, save more, invest more and maybe even go on a few more vacations here and there.
For me side income has allowed my wife to stay home to raise our son, and has replaced her full time job that she left.
That income has come through a variety of time intensive side hustles that I’ve taken on, including this website.
I’ve also earned income, however, through a variety of other sites where you’re being paid to perform an action of some kind, so called get-paid-to sites. On these sites you can earn money by doing anything from shopping through a website’s affiliate links, to playing games or answering survey questions. Once you’ve earned the money the sites allow you to cash out via PayPal, via free gift cards, or via a check sent to your residence.
Today I thought I would share a few of those sites that I have used to make money, and that you might want to give a try as well.
Survey & Poll Sites – Surveys For Money
One way to earn a bit of extra income is to find sites where you can fill out surveys, be on consumer advisory panels or just try products or services for pay or rewards.
Have your voice be heard, and make some money or rewards in the process through these sites.
- Swagbucks: Make some extra money by doing surveys using Swagbucks. Sign up now for a $5 signup bonus!
- Survey Junkie: Their tagline is, “Take Surveys. Get Paid.” They’re one of the most popular spots online to earn cash and rewards for sharing your thoughts via easy surveys. Definitely worth checking out.
- PineCone Research: One of the leading consumer research panels out there. Earn rewards for participation in a variety of focus groups, online surveys and panels.
- MySoapBox.com: Surveys are generally short and pay between $0.25-$1. Redemptions are instant in the form of gift card codes (e-vouchers) $2 (2000 points) sign up bonus. No minimum cash out threshold after you reach the $25 level.
- Springboard America: Springboard America lets you share your opinions on everything from products to politics, and get rewarded for it. 0.50 to $5 for each survey. Find focus groups paying $100 or more!
- National Consumer Panel: Scan the items you buy when you shop, and you’ll earn points that you can put towards cash, Visa rewards cards, Amazon gift cards and more.
- Opinion Outpost: Earn cash, rewards, and entries into a $10,000 quarterly prize draw!
- Survey Spot: Take online surveys for awesome rewards in Amazon gift cards, iTunes gift cards, PayPal payments and more.
- Harris Poll: Participate in a variety of market research surveys, and you can earn points that can be put towards Amazon, iTunes and Starbucks gift cards, among other rewards. Also, with every survey you complete you have a chance to enter a monthly $10,000 sweepstakes! Easy to sign up and use.
- Nielsen Digital Voice: Join the panel and download the safe and secure Nielsen app. As an active panel member you’ll be entered into a $10,000 Monthly Sweepstakes.
- Permission Research: After you join you’ll be entered to win a chance at winning up to $100,000 in their regular sweepstakes. Also opportunities to earn extra rewards via surveys/etc.
- Google Opinion Rewards: Get up to $1 credit on the Google Play store every time you answer one of their short surveys. We get most of our movie rentals and apps for free on the Google Play store via credit earned on this app.
- Vindale Research: Get paid in cash via PayPal to review products or take surveys with Vindale Research.
- MySurvey: Take surveys and earn points toward rewards like PrePaid Visa.
- Reward Survey: You rack up valuable reward points by participating in short, simple surveys.
- Prize Rebel: Prize Rebel is a site where you can get paid in cash or gift cards to do things like answer survey questions, complete offers, watch videos and more.
Get Paid For Action Sites
Cash back sites are another way to earn a bit of extra money, or to save on your purchases. Some of the cash back sites also have programs where you can earn money or rewards for filling out surveys, watching commercials or playing sponsored games.
Here are my favorite cash back sites to check out, that I have actually used:
- Swagbucks: Swagbucks is another great site where you can earn points towards gift cards from places like Amazon, just for filling out surveys, shopping through their links, and searching via their search engine. Full Swagbucks review here.
- Rakuten: Rakuten is one of the best cash back sites out there. They’ve got all sorts of cash back offers, coupon deals and rewards for referring friends. I’ve received hundreds of dollars in cash back just for using them when I was already buying something anyway. Full Rakuten review here.
- TopCashBack: They offer one of the best cash back rates in the industry, and you can cash out at any amount.
- Cash Crate: Cash Crate is another site where you can earn cash for fulfilling actions from signing up for certain services, to filling out surveys or playing games. Full Cash Crate review here.
- Inbox Dollars: Join Inbox Dollars free and get paid to take surveys, shop online, try name brand products and play games online.
- ExtraBux: Another site where you can get cash back for shopping via their links, as well as for referring friends.
- Drop App: Get paid for signing up for free trials, surveys or shopping at sites you’re probably shopping at already anyway.
- SnagShout.com: This site is a bit different in that you’re getting big discounts on Amazon.com products because you promise to leave a review once you’ve received it in the mail. I’ve used this site quite a bit to save on things I was buying anyway. Full SnagShout review here.
Put Your Extra Time To Use
So many of us have so much extra time on our hands, and usually it just disappears into the black hole of TV re-runs and other useless entertainment.
Instead, put your extra time to good use and make a bit of extra money for your family by filling out surveys, participating in market research and making your voice heard!
Have other survey sites you have tried or that have come up on your radar? Tell us about them in the comments!