Like a lot of people these days at one point in my life I struggled with credit card debt, and with spending more than my income could justify. Over about 4-5 few years my wife and I were able to get rid of our debt, but it ended up taking far longer than it should have. Why? We weren’t able to completely rein in our emotional spending or change the behaviors that got us to being so far in debt.
While we did finally get out of debt, in the end what finally gave us the boost to get over the edge was getting involved in a financial program that gave us accountability and structure while we reduced our debt.
If you’re still struggling with debt I think it’s a great idea to get into a group or community that will help you to make the changes you need in order to better your life.
A Debt Reduction Program Built On Experience
This week my friend Adam Baker over at ManVsDebt.com has launched a new 6 week daily video course and accountability community called You Vs. Debt that aims to help empower people to take back control of their financial lives. Adam knows from experience what it takes to get out of debt as his wife Courtnay and he eliminated thousands in debt themselves, and struggled through a process of debt reduction trial and error. Here he discusses their turnaround.
Through their process of trial and error Adam realized a lot of what it takes to make a change, and decided to put together a program of his own that addresses a lot of the hurdles that people face.
You Vs. Debt: A Debt Reduction Program That Works
So what is involved in the You Vs Debt program? It’s a 6 week video course with daily videos with short lessons, and followed up by specific challenges to completely. Each day should take around 15 minutes or so to complete, and includes the video, an MP3 and a full transcript – so you can learn via whatever method works best for you. Daily custom worksheets are also provided to help you track your progress.
Topics covered in the 6 weeks.
- Week 1: Free Your Mind: This lesson will help you to discover the “why” behind your debt, setting yourself up to succeed, motivating yourself and your family, and other topics intended to get you started down the road of debt reduction.
- Week 2: Less Excuses… More Action: This week will be all about action, creating a financial snapshot, monitoring your credit, using a customized debt reduction method and a 30 day challenge.
- Week 3: Suck It Up & Budget: A look at budgeting, errors to avoid, and setting foundations for a budget that works.
- Week 4: Stop Buying Crap: Save thousands of dollars via negotiation, and strategies to avoid buying junk you don’t need.
- Week 5: You Should Be Making More Money: Strategies to bump up your monthly income, create a side job, and more.
- Week 6: Making it Stick: Lesson looking at how you can learn from failure, avoiding common pitfalls and leveraging your success as you move forward to help others.
During the class there are weekly surveys, and public awards to help keep you accountable, as well as a community of other registered users who can help you along the way.
Limited Enrollment And Double Your Money Back Guarantee
I normally don’t recommend these types of programs unless I’m familiar with the program having been through it myself, or if I know and completely trust the program leader. While I haven’t been through the program I do know Adam and I know he has a passion and a fire for helping others get rid of their debt, and I know he can help.
If you’re considering the program, but still aren’t sure, you can also rest assured that there is a double your money back guarantee, that you can read about on his program page. So you’ve got nothing to lose (except debt), and everything to gain!
Head on over to the You Vs. Debt program page, and register for the class today! Enrollment for this class ends Thursday, September 22nd. That’s coming up quick!