This past week our sister site in our network, Smart On Money, was voted into the Elite Eight of the March Madness personal finance blogging contest. The contest basically pits personal finance posts against each other, and people vote for their favorite. In the end the top 4 posts in the competition will have money donated to their favorite charities by the gentleman who runs Free Money Finance. Prizes range from $500 down to $100.
If Smart On Money wins in this round they'll be going on to the Final Four, and will be guaranteed at least $100 for their charity, Second Harvest Heartland, a midwest food bank.
So help them out by going to the post over at Free Money Finance, and vote for BROKE.
Financial Blogger Conference
If you missed the post from yesterday, head on over to find out more about the Financial Blogger Conference that's coming up in October, and why you should attend. It promises to be a great time, and I can't wait to meet and network with a ton of like minded folks. As an added bonus, if you sign up through my link and purchase your ticket, you could win a Conference T-shirt!
Personal Finance Post Roundup
Here are a few of my favorite posts from around the personal finance blogosphere this week.
- 10 Ways To Make Money Writing Online
- How Much Interest Are You Paying?
- Interactive Brokers Discount Brokerage Review
- Finding Health Insurance When You Are Self-Employed
- Market Corrections: Do You Buy, Sell or Ignore?
- How Much Control Should The Government Have?
- What Happens If Your Broker Goes Out of Business?
- Life Insurance for Children
- 20 Tips to Getting Affordable Auto Insurance
- When Should I Take Social Security Benefits?
- Extension to File Taxes vs. Amended Tax Return
- Amazon Mom Review – Free Amazon Prime As Well As Discounts
- How to Save Money with Your Mortgage
- How to Lower Your Mortgage Payments
- How Much Money Do You Have to Make to File a Tax Return?
- Get out of Debt by blogging?