I was reading problogger’s twitter site the other day, and on there he suggested that people make their own top 10 lists of twitter users in their niche.
This blog is part of the personal finance blogosphere, and as such I tend to follow a lot of personal finance and investing type twitter users. I thought it might be useful for all of you new twitter users out there for me to post some of the most high profile, prolific and useful twitter users from the personal finance sphere. Here are my top 10 people that personal finance junkies should follow.
- @jdroth : JD Roth of GetRichSlowly.org is one of the biggies of personal finance, and he twitters as well. Check him out for regular updates.
- @flexo : Flexo of ConsumerismCommentary.com twitters on a regular basis – and his blog is one of the better ones out there.
- @trenttsd & @thesimpledollar : Trent Hamm of TheSimpleDollar.com. Again, one of the PF blogosphere bigs, and he has two twitter accounts. One for twittering, and one for updating folks on his latest blog posts.
- @bargainr : Jim at Bargaineering.com – also known as Blueprint for Financial Prosperity. His blog is top notch, and he has a large following.
- @ramit : Ramit Sethi of iwillteachyoutoberich.com. He updates twitter and his content is second to none.
- @ncn : NCN from ncnblog.com (No Credit Needed). He’s one of my favorite “living without credit” PF bloggers, and one I think everyone would benefit from following. An incredibly nice guy as well!
- @frugaldad : Jason from FrugalDad.com. He’s one of the premier frugal living and daddy bloggers out there. Never a wasted moment when reading his blog or twitters. Fun chatting with him about PF topics as well!
- @fcn : Five Cent Nickel from fivecentnickel.com. Another great blog with a huge following.
- @lynnae : Lynnae of beingfrugal.net. An up and coming mommy and frugality blogger who was recently selected as one of the 11 “mommy bloggers” by Walmart. Great site and content.
- @problogger : Problogger isn’t a personal finance blogger, but anyone interested in blogging or twitter should follow him.
- @moneymatters : Ok, i know the list is supposed to be only 10, but I thought that I may as well add myself on here as well. I’m a PF blogger, and I follow, and have a ton of followers interested in personal finance. Checking out my profile will be worth your time!
This list is only a start, and there are a ton of other users I could suggest you follow. But instead of doing that, I’ll just refer you to my Twitter profile, On my twitter profile you can find tens of other twitter users that you can follow (i’m closing in on 2500 followers), many of them from the personal finance blogosphere.
Follow a few of those twitter users, and the follow some of the people they follow. Before you know it you’ll be following a veritable who’s who of PF bloggers, as well as other people interested in personal finance. Many of them will follow you in return, so be ready and have something to say!
UPDATE: New personal finance Twitter user post!: 125 More People Personal Finance Junkies Should Follow On Twitter
Are you using twitter? Want to connect with other users in the personal finance twittersphere? Add your twitter profile to the comments! Know of some personal finance twitter users we’ve left out? Leave them here in the comments!