Over the past couple of weeks I've been doing quite a bit of research on small pocket size video cameras, similar to the Flip Cam that so many bloggers are using nowadays. I wanted something that I could use to do videos for the site – that I could take with me in my pocket unlike my big Canon EOS T1i DSLR. I also wanted it to have HD video so that I could do good quality movies of my son.
After doing a ton of research, and getting reccomendations from other bloggers, I settled on two finalists.
I like the Flip because it's pretty small sized, simple to use and because it's got everything you need in one compact package. I've also seen videos done with the Flip, and they seem to be pretty good quality. I liked the Zi8 because it takes nice looking video, it has expandable memory and an SD card slot, and it also has a jack for an external mic. Having a mic for blogger interviews and other on the go stuff would be pretty nice to have given the so-so internal mics of these cams.
In the end I just liked the features of the Kodak camera more, and on top of that it was only $99 on Amazon, as compared to $178.99 for the Flip. Granted, I have to get a SD card for the camera, but I can get a 16GB one on Amazon for around $25 -so the camera is still cheaper! I also added in a remote for the camera for another $10. All in all only $138 for the camera and all the accessories. Not half bad!
Lines For The Ipad 2 At Mall Of America
Here's a video I took yesterday after receiving the new camera. I went to the Mall of America to do some quick video over lunch, and saw that people were waiting in line to get the new Ipad 2 which was launching yesterday. All I can say is – wow. I can't believe people would wait for hours in line to get an Ipad when they can wait a week or two and get the same thing without waiting! I overheard one person saying that they had been waiting since 6am that morning. You gotta say one thing about Apple, they're good at selling and hyping up their products!
Here are some good posts from around the web this week.
- Cable Alternatives – Legal Alternatives to Cable TV ( Read in tandem with my article on ditching cable)
- My Debt Story, Our Debt Story
- Different Types Of Canadian Financial Advisors
- Planning for Uneven Retirement Spending
- This is Why You Can’t Make Money in the Stock Market
- Increasing Our Extra Mortgage Payments
- Guide For Life After College
- 7 Proven Credit Builders
- The P’s of Evaluating a Financial Advisor
- Social Welfare Program Payments Account For Over One Third Of U.S. Wages!
- Where to Keep Your Emergency Fund
- How to File an Amended Tax Return
- When Do You Need to Buy Long Term Care Insurance?
- Important Tax Changes For 2011
- Best House Selling Tips
- 10 Best Home Based Businesses
- When is it Best to Itemize Your Taxes?
- How to Negotiate Your Medical and Dental Bills
- What To Do with Your Tax Refund