Birthdays are the best.
It’s a day to feel special, for spending time with family and friends, and it’s the one day of the year that you can get everything for free!
Birthday freebies have been popping up just about everywhere lately, and if you want to you can be out the entire day and not spend a single dime. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and even dessert are on the house!
Looking to do a little shopping? There are freebies at prominent retailers as well!
The hardest part can be tracking down all the free birthday stuff, but fear not!
To give you a running start, we’ve put together a huge list of birthday freebies to use as a reference. Just bookmark this page, and start signing up for all the free stuff online before your birthday arrives (most of these deals require that you’re signed up for their programs 7 days to 2 months in advance!).
So without further ado, let’s get to the free stuff!
Birthday Freebies: Food And Drink
Whether you’re young or old, everybody loves to go out to eat on their birthday. Here’s a rundown of some of the best places to go on your birthday to get breakfast, lunch and dinner for free. You can even get a little dessert if you have a sweet tooth!
- Bruegger’s Bagels: Join the Bruegger’s Bagels eClub and you’ll receive a free bagel with cream cheese just for signing up, and a freebie on your birthday as well!
- Caribou Coffee: The Caribou Perks rewards club will give you a free birthday treat.
- Einstein Bros. Bagels: Join the Schmear Society and get a free bagel and schmear on your big day.
- Denny’s: Get a free birthday Grand Slam when you sign up for the Denny’s Rewards program.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: DD Perks members receive a free beverage when they sign up, on their birthday, and every 200 points.
- IHOP: Join the MyHop program and get free pancakes when you sign up and on your birthday.
- Marie Callender’s: Sign up for the E-Club and get special offers and for your birthday a breakfast entree.
- Panera Bread: Join MyPanera and you’ll receive a free baked good on your birthday.
- Perkins Restaurants: Sign up for the MyPerkins club and get a 20% off coupon, and a free breakfast on your birthday! Add your kids and they get a birthday gift as well!
- Starbucks: The Starbucks Rewards program will give you a free drink on your birthday.
- Waffle House: The Regulars Club at Waffle House will get you a free birthday waffle.
- Manhattan Bagel Club: A free breakfast sandwich is yours for the taking when you join the Eclub.
- Au Bon Pain: Get a free birthday lunch when you sign up.
- Baja Fresh: Get a free burrito on your birthday when you sign up for Club Baja. Make sure you sign up at least a week before your birthday!
- Chick-fil-A: Sign up and you’ll get a special birthday offer. Not all franchisees participate, however.
- Firehouse Subs: Get a free medium sub on your birthday with the Firehouse Subs Rewards program.
- Jack in the Box: Get free birthday tacos. I mean, who doesn’t love tacos?
- Jamba Juice: Free small smoothie or juice when you get on their newsletter list.
- Jason’s Deli: Sign up for the newsletter and get a $5 off coupon on your birthday.
- Jersey Mike’s Subs: When you sign up for the email club you’ll receive a free regular sub and a 22oz. fountain drink.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill: Receive a free birthday burrito with sign up for their rewards program.
- Noodles: Sign up for Noodles Rewards and get a free entree on your birthday.
- Qdoba: Register for Qdoba Rewards and get a free birthday gift.
- Sbarro: Sbarro’s Slice Society will give you free pizza on your birthday, and a free slice with drink purchase within 24 hours of signing up!
- Subway: Subway’s My Rewards program will give you 20 free points in your account on your birthday, good for a free drink, chips or 2 cookies.
- Wetzel’s Pretzels: Download the app and earn a free pretzel on your birthday.
- Which Which: Sign up for Vibe Club Rewards and get a free sandwich on your birthday!
- Wienerschnitzel: The Wiener Lovers’ Club, and get a free chili dog for joining. Get a “free coupon” on your birthday every year as well.
- Zaxby’s: Join the Zax Email Club and get a free sandwich meal for joining, and a free “nibbler” on your birthday.
- Benihana: Join the Chef’s Table club and get a free $30 gift certificate during the month of your birthday.
- bd’s Mongolian Grill: Sign up for My BD Rewards and get a free stir-fry meal when you sign up.
- Black Angus Steakhouse: Sign up for the Prime Club and get a free dessert. On your birthday, you’ll get a free steak dinner!
- Boston Market: Sign up for their VIP club and get special offers and a birthday surprise.
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.: Sign up for the latest email updates and get a $25 birthday gift every year that expires on the 15th of the month after your birth month.
- Bucca Di Beppo: Get a free appetizer on your birthday when you sign up for their eClub.
- Chevy’s Fresh Mex: Sign up for the E-Club and get a free appetizer with two adult entrees, and a birthday surprise.
- Country Kitchen: Sign up for the E-Club and get a free meal sent to you the week of your birthday.
- Dickey’s Barbecue Pit: Get a free BBQ sandwich on your birthday when you sign up for their Big Yellow Cup Club.
- Fuddruckers: Join the Fudds Club and get a free birthday burger. The best kind of burger!
- Houlihan’s: Get $10 off just for joining, plus a free entrée on your birthday.
- Joe’s Crab Shack: Get a free appetizer when you sign up.
- Maggiano’s Little Italy: Get $10 off your birthday visit with a $30 minimum check. I’ve done this one in the past.
- Old Chicago: Sign up for OC Rewards and get a free appetizer and $10 off after your first transaction. And free pizza on your birthday! I love their pizza!
- Old Country Buffet: Sign up for the Crave Connection rewards program and get a free birthday offer.
- Outback Steakhouse: Sign up for the offers and rewards and get a birthday offer when you download the app.
- Red Robin: Red Robin’s Royalty Club will give you a free burger on your birthday. I love their burgers, among my favorites.
- Pei Wei: Join the My Wei Rewards program and you’ll get a free small plate on your birthday.
- P.F. Chang’s: The Rewards Program will spring for a free appetizer or dessert.
- RA Sushi: Sign up for The Hook Up email club and get a $20 RA gift certificate in your birthday month.
- Ruby Tuesday: Sign up for the email list and get a free appetizer when you join, and choose a free burger or Garden Bar entree on your birthday!
- The Spaghetti Warehouse: Join the Warehouse Club and get a free appetizer for becoming a member of the club. On your birthday get a free meal.
- Taco John’s: Get the Taco John’s app to get special offers, coupons and a birthday treat.
- Texas Roadhouse: Sign up for the email newsletter and get a free birthday surprise.
- Tony Roma’s: Get a BOGO entree on your birthday when you sign up for the email club.
- Uno Pizzeria & Grill: The Uno Insider’s Club will give you a welcome gift for joining, and a free appetizer during your birthday month.
- Wingstop: Join The Club and get an order of free fries, and then a free gift on your birthday!
- Wings To Go: Sign up for the email newsletter at the bottom of your page and you’ll get 5 free boneless wings.
- Abuelo’s: Get a free dessert on your birthday with the Rewards program.
- Acapulco Restaurant & Cantina: If you live in California, sign up for the eClub and get a free entree on your birthday.
- Applebee’s: Get a free dessert on your birthday with the Applebee’s Eclub.
- Arby’s: The Arby’s birthday club offers a free birthday shake, and a free sandwich with soft drink purchase when you sign up.
- Atlanta Bread Co.: Join the Rise Rewards program for a free birthday cookie.
- Auntie Anne’s: The Pretzel Perks club membershp will get you a free birthday pretzel.
- A&W: Join the A&W Mug Club to get a free root beer float.
- Baker’s Square: Sign up for the eClub and get a 20% off coupon, and a free slice of pie on your birthday!
- Baskin Robbins: Receive a free 2.5oz scoop of ice cream with your membership.
- Ben & Jerry’s: Sign-up for the email newsletter – Chunkmail and receive a free scoop of ice cream on your birthday.
- BJ’s Brewhouse: When you join the rewards program you’ll get a free birthday pizookie.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: The Blazin’ Rewards program will get you a free dessert.
- California Pizza Kitchen: Sign up for CPK Rewards and get a free small plate when you register, free offers and a free birthday dessert.
- Captain D’s: Sign up for the VIP Rewards program and get a free appetizer or dessert.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill: Free dessert when you sign up for their eClub.
- Cheesecake Factory: Let your wait staff know it’s your birthday, and they’ll get you a free scoop of ice cream.
- Chili’s: Joining My Chili’s Rewards will get you a free birthday dessert, along with other perks.
- Cold Stone Creamery: sign up for the Cold Stone Club and get points every time you spend, and a buy one get one free coupon on your birthday.
- Corner Bakery Cafe: Receive a free sweet on your birthday when you sign up.
- Cracker Barrel: Tell your server that it’s your birthday, and get a free dessert.
- Culver’s: Sign up for the Culver’s eClub and get a free ice cream treat on your birthday, and special offers the rest of the year.
- Dairy Queen: Sign up for the Blizzard Fan Club and receive a buy-one-get-one Blizzard coupon on your birthday.
- Del Taco: Become a member of the Raving fan club and get a premium shake for free on your birthday. You’ll also get 2 free tacos for signing up.
- Dippin’ Dots: Free Dippin’ Dots when you sign up for the Dot’s Crazy Email club.
- Great American Cookies: Get a birthday surprise on your big day!
- Hard Rock Cafe: Sign up for Hard Rock Rewards and get a free birthday dessert.
- La Madeleine: Sign up and get a free individual pastry or slice of cake on your birthday.
- LongHorn Steakhouse: Sign up for the rewards program and get a birthday dessert.
- Macaroni Grill: Sign-up for the email club and get a free piece of cake.
- Maggie Moo’s: Get a birthday surprise when you sign up for their email club.
- The Melting Pot: Join Club Fondue and get six of the Melting Pot’s signature chocolate-covered strawberries. On your birthday get a voucher for free chocolate fondue for two on your birthday.
- Nothing Bundt Cakes: Get a free bundtlet cake when you sign up.
- O’Charley’s: Sign up for the O’Club and get a free appetizer. Then get a free surprise on your birthday, a piece of pie or brownie with ice cream.
- Olive Garden: Get a free birthday dessert up to a $8.50 value when you sign up for their eClub.
- Pinkberry: Join the PickCard loyalty club and get free ice cream.
- Pizza Hut: Sign up for Hut Rewards and get a surprise item on your birthday.
- Planet Smoothie: Get a free smoothie for your birthday when you join the eClub.
- Red Lobster: Receive a birthday surprise when you join the My Red Lobster Rewards program (at least 10 days before your birthday).
- Rita’s Italian Ice: A free birthday treat will come your way when you join the Birthday Club.
- Shari’s: Sign up for the Cafe Club and get a free slice of pie!
- SmashBurger: Free side or shake on your birthday when you join the SmashClub. Love their burgers.
- Smokey Bones: sign up for the Bones Club and get $10 off your next order of $25 or more, and free dessert on your birthday.
- Sonic: Create a My Sonic account, and receive a special treat on your birthday. Make sure to add your birthday to your profile.
- Sprinkles:Sign up for Sprinkles Perks and get a free cupcake.
- Steak ‘n Shake: Join the eClub and get a free double steakburger with cheese and fries, and on your birthday a free specialty milkshake
- TCBY: Free birthday treat when you sign up.
- TGI Fridays: Membership in the Friday’s Rewards Loyalty Program gets you a free dessert or appetizer when you sign up and a dessert in your birthday month.
- Yard House: Get a free dessert on your birthday when you join their email list.
- Yogurt Mountain: The YOMO text Club will text you a free yogurt coupon on your birthday.
Birthday Freebies On Entertainment
As if getting free breakfast, lunch and dinner wasn’t enough, you can also get some great free entertainment!
Here are freebies available at entertainment venues, movie theaters and rental places, and more.
- AMC: Sign up for the AMC Stubs program and get a free large popcorn and fountain drink on your birthday.
- AMF Bowling: Sign up for their MVB (Most Valuable Bowler) program and get $20 off your next visit.
- Chuck E. Cheese’s: Sign up for More Cheese Rewards and get a free personal pizza, and on their birthday they can get 20 minutes of all you can play time.
- Cinemark: Get a free birthday surprise when you sign up for their free weekly email.
- Dave & Busters: Sign up for the Rewards Club and get $10 of free gameplay.
- Medieval Times: Join the Birthday Fellowship program and get a free admission with the purchase of a full priced adult during your birthday month.
- Redbox: Sign up for a Redbox PlayPass and you’ll get a free movie rental on your birthday.
- Regal Cinemas: Sign up for a Regal Crown Club account and you’ll get a free birthday reward.
- Showcase Cinemas: Sign up for a Starpass and get a free regular popcorn perk loaded to your account for 30 days after your birthday.
Birthday Freebies & Discounts At Retailers
A plethora of retailers offer freebies, special deals and discounts on your birthday. Here’s some of the best deals we found.
Free Stuff & Shopping
- Barnes & Noble: Sign up for the Kids Club and your child can get a free cupcake on their birthday at the cafe.
- Edible Arrangements: Sign up for Edible Rewards and get a free 12 ct. chocolate dipped fruit box for your birthday!
- Estee Lauder: Get a free birthday gift when signing up for their loyalty program
- Godiva: Join the Godiva Rewards Club and get member benefits including a free chocolate in your birthday month!
- Lancome: Get a free birthday surprise when you sign up for emails.
- Macy’s: Sign up for Star Rewards and get a “special surprise” for your birthday every year.
- Sephora: The Beauty Insider rewards program gives you the choice of 2 birthday gifts during your birthday month.
- Swagbucks: Sign up and earn 55 SB on your birthday that you can use towards redeeming a gift card of your choice! Keep an eye out for the email! Read a full Swagbucks review here.
- Ulta Beauty: Sign up for Ultamate Rewards and get a gift on your birthday.
Quite a few retailers will offer big discounts in the month of your birthday. Here are a few of our favorite freebies.
- Ace Hardware: Sign up for Ace Rewards and get a $5 coupon.
- American Eagle: Sign up for AE Connected and get a 15% off coupon that’s good the month of your birthday.
- Anthropologie: Join AnthroPerks loyalty program and get 15% a birthday discount!
- Banana Republic: Sign up for email newsletter and get a coupon on your birthday.
- BareMinerals: Join the rewards program and get a free gift on your birthday.
- Bliss: Get a birthday surprise when you sign up for their newsletter.
- Columbia Sportswear: Sign up for their Greater Rewards program and get a 20% off birthday coupon.
- The Container Store: Sign up for POP rewards and get a birthday freebie.
- CVS: Sign up for CVS’s ExtraCare Beauty Club and get a 10% off beauty shopping pass, and a special offer on your birthday.
- DSW Shoes: Sign up for VIP rewards and get a $5 off coupon your birthday month.
- Famous Footwear: Sign up for Gold Rewards and get a $10 off birthday coupon.
- GameStop: Sign up for PowerUp Rewards and get a birthday surprise every year, usually a coupon of some sort.
- J.Crew Factory: Sign up and get 15% off your first purchase, and an extra 20% off plus free shipping for your birthday.
- Journeys Kidz: Sign up for the Kidz Birthday Club and get a 15% off gift card.
- Kirklands: Join KClub Rewards and get a birthday surprise.
- Old Navy: Sign up for the email newsletter and get a free gift, typically a coupon for a percentage off, on your birthday.
- World Market: Sign up for World Market Rewards and get rewards including a $15% off coupon, and a birthday surprise offer.
So there you go. Well over a hundred birthday freebies, free stuff and free rewards for you to take advantage of on your birthday!
Things To Remember When Getting Birthday Freebies
We’ve listed a ton of freebies in our list above on things like food, shopping, entertainment and more.
When you’re taking advantage of those offers, however, there are a few things that you should remember.
Offers Are Subject To Change
While the offers we listed above were current when we wrote the article, they do change sometimes. If you’ve found an offer is no longer available, or the reward has changed, please let us know in the comments.
I had this happen myself one year where I came expecting to get a dessert, but instead my entire meal was comped. Sometimes the offers change for the better!
You Need To Sign Up For These Lists In Advance
For some of the offers listed above you can sign up on the day of your birthday and get the free offer. For most of them, however, you’re probably going to need to be signed up well in advance in order to take advantage of the offer.
Make sure to sign up a month or more in advance for all of the deals you want to take advantage of.
You’re Signing Up For A Promotional Email List
When signing up for many of these rewards programs, you’re actually signing up for a promotional email newsletter list.
If you’re concerned that you might start receiving a ton of unwanted emails you might want to consider signing up for a secondary promo email where you can get promotional offers. I have a second email account that I use for things like this.
Otherwise, if you prefer to use your normal email, you might consider signing up only for the ones you think you will actually use.
Make Sure To Check Your Spam Filter For Freebies And Offers
When signing up for offers most of them are going to be sent to you via email either the month or week of your actual birthday. Keep an eye out for the emails you’re expecting, and if they don’t appear, don’t panic.
Many times these promotional emails won’t show in your main inbox.
Make sure to check your “promotions” tab in Gmail, or in whatever email provider you’re using. If it isn’t found there, it may be getting caught in your spam filter. Check the spam filter, and hopefully should be in there.
Some Freebies Require A Purchase
Some of the freebies you receive aren’t completely free in that you may have to make a purchase in order to receive the free item.
For example, often freebies where kids eat free are buy one adult item and get one kids item free. You still have to buy the adult item to get the kid’s item free.
Don’t Forget To Ask Local Retailers For Their Birthday Freebies
The list of freebies above is mostly at national retailers that people everywhere in the U.S. can take advantage. The great thing is that many of your favorite local retailers, restaurants and other establishments may have birthday freebies available as well.
If I’m out on my birthday, or the birthday of a loved one, we always make sure to ask if they have any specials for the birthday boy or girl. More often than not they usually do. Just ask!
Share Your Thoughts: