Ever since last September our (or arguably before then) our economy has been in a downturn. Big companies, small lenders and consumers all engaged in irresponsible behaviors that resulted in the failure of businesses, and necessitated the bailouts of many others. People are being laid off left and right, and things are extremely tight! So what’s a person to do when times are so hard? Give up and wait for things to get better? Wait for the government to give them a job?
How about this:
- Don’t participate in all the doom and gloom.
- Don’t wait for the government to create a program to pull you out of the muck and the mire.
- Don’t participate in the recession.
Instead, create your own mini economic boom!
- Have some hope and be ready to accept your own future that’s bigger and brighter than anything you can imagine.
- Realize that things aren’t necessarily as bad as they’re made out to be because you’re in charge of your own destiny.
- Create your own economic plan, set up a budget, and start saving an emergency fund in case you’re hit with a setback.
- Be ready to seize opportunities as they arise – even in hard times opportunities to succeed abound!
- Get an extra job or create your own side income.
- Have hope!
Have hope. When you have hope, it’s just a matter of time before things turn themselves around. Decide that you’re not going to participate in the recession, and that you’re going to have the best year you’ve ever had! Remember, God loves you, and you are important to him – so you will have the things you need:
Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows. Luke 12:7
Dave Ramsey is hosting an event in April called “Town Hall For Hope“. The event, which will be streamed live to thousands of churches and other locations across the country will be a time to get together, talk about the economy, strategize and figure out ways to improve your situation. From the site:
Connect with families across the nation for a truly radical message: HOPE.
Tired of hearing the fear, doom and gloom that’s filling the airwaves? Join Dave Ramsey for a nationwide town hall meeting and discover what’s happening with the economy, how we got here, and where we’re going. Plus, Dave will answer your questions live throughout the event!
Join with me in attending the Town Hall For Hope event on April 23rd at a location near you, and have hope! Click the banner below to go to the website.