Over at Part-Time Money today my friend PT has a post about the latest meme going around. What’s the meme?
It’s called, “What’s in my wallet”?
He actually took pictures of his wallet, went through and detailed everything that he carries around with him.
It sounded like an interesting exercise to compare wallets – so I thought I’d give it a shot. So here we go..
Pete’s Wallet: What is it?: My wallet is a nice $9.99 brown leather wallet that I got on clearance at Target when my old wallet ripped a seam. Its a bifold wallet with credit card slots on both sides, and two money/receipt slots in the top. It even has a nice little slot to hold your extra house key in one of the money slots. I’d never seen one of those before I got this wallet.
Pete’s Wallet: What’s in it?: Here’s whats on the inside of this thick wallet.
Right Side Credit Card Slots
- Minnesota Driver’s License
- TCF Bank Visa Card number 4777-3329-4444-5555. Oops, never mind that last part.
- Chase Rewards Mastercard
- Xbox Live Diamond Discount Card
Left Side Credit Card Slots
- Northwest Airlines WorldPerks Card
- Scott County Library Card: Big money saver here.
- Body shop business card: I had an accident recently.
- Video Store Cards: Cards for Blockbuster and Hollywood Video. I haven’t used either since i started using Redbox at mcdonald’s to get free movie rentals. (click on ‘free stuff’ in my sidebar to find the post about free redbox rentals)
- Best Buy credit card and reward zone card: I use the reward zone card, but haven’t used the best buy credit card in 6-7 years.
- RFID Badge to get into work.
Inside pocket right (behind credit card slots)
- Business Card for Jacinthproductions.com
- Ryland Homes business card
- Dunn Brothers Coffee loyalty card (yes, i drink a lot of coffee)
- KPADesign.com business card
- Men’s integrity questions reminder card
Inside pocket left (behind credit card slots)
- Health Partners dental insurance card
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health insurance card
- Reminder note with wife’s driver’s license number: We were applying for new automobile insurance and I needed this number quite a bit
Inside money slots
- NOTHING.. not even a receipt. (ok, in the picture above, it has $80 in it. I just got cash) I just cleaned my wallet out the other night in preparation for a trip to San Francisco. Which reminds me, I better get cash before I leave, I hear it’s expensive there.
So there you have it. Those are the contents of my wallet. Zero dollars and zero cents, a credit card, a debit card and a bunch of other miscellaneous things.
So what’s in your wallet? (WIYW)