While I don’t normally write about things un-related to personal finance on this site, I know a lot of folks are interested to know how I’ve been able to create a successful blog – and they want to know how they can do it themselves. I’ve written quite a few “behind the scenes” type posts about blogging on this site, many of which have been updated and expanded upon into my blogging ebook and .MP3 series called “Blueprint For How To Make Money With A Blog“. Basically the ebook takes you through the process of starting and setting up a blog, talks about some strategies for monetization, and looks at how you can build traffic to your site.
This month I’m taking my ebook off of the market for a while to do some updating as there have been some significant changes since I wrote the ebook last year. In the meantime, however, one of my blogging inspirations and my friend Bob Lotich of ChristianPF.com has come out with an entirely new blogging webinar series that will be launching next week called “Blogging Your Passion“. If you’re not familiar with Bob’s site, you should be. He’s one of the leading bloggers in the personal finance blogosphere, working from home full time as a blogger since 2008. He has been able to take his site from a small personal finance site, launching back in 2007, to the point where he now enjoys hundreds of thousands of page views every month – and a full time income.
While I feel like I’ve done pretty well for myself with my small little site, I do know that I’ve got a lot to learn about the blogging game from folks like Bob. A while back Bob wrote a great post on his site called “How To Make Money With A Blog”, talking about how he was able to create his blog and turn it into a full time income. The post was a great one that has garnered almost 600 comments, and has helped countless others to spawn their own sites.
Blogging Your Passion E-Course
Now with his new webinar series launching next week, Bob and his partners Andy and Jonathan will be expanding on the ideas in his post, and giving an even more comprehensive look at how you can create your own money making blog by “blogging your passion”. Here’s a quick preview of the course with Andy and Bob.
So what’s going to be covered in the series? There are five weeks of webinars that will cover a wide range of topics in depth. From the site:
- What to do in the first 24 working hours of your blog
- The Behind-the-Scenes Checklist (Domains, Hosting, WordPress, etc)
- The Blog Design Checklist (Proper SEO, Must Have Plugins, Themes, Analytics, Logo Headers, etc)
- The Social Media Checklist (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- The Content Creation Checklist (Your first few posts)
- The Monetization Checklist (Simple Income Ideas)
- 20 Different Types of Posts You Can Use
- How to Target Keyword Phrases for the Search Engines
- How to Do Fast Article Research
- Fast Content Creation Strategies
- Article Topic Ideas Spreadsheet Explained
- Understanding the Difference Between Time Management and Self Management
- Learning How the Pareto Principle Applies to Blogging
- What The Parkinson’s Law States
- Education vs. Experience
- Action vs. Activity
- Part-time Blogger Time Management Tips
- Full-time Blogger Time Management Tips
- Developing Social Media Traffic Systems (Get Your Content Viral)
- Developing Search Engine Traffic Systems (Rank on 1st Page of Google)
- Developing Internal Traffic Systems (RSS Readers, Mailing Lists)
- Multiple Streams of Blogging Income (Over 20+ Income Streams Explained)
- Introduction to the “Profit Ladder”
- Setting Up a Sales Funnel for Your Blog
- Earning a Passive Income from Your Mailing List
- Low Maintenance Income Ideas
- Passive Income Ideas
- Personal Involvement High Income Ideas
So as you can see the webinar is going to be pretty in depth with 5 extensive sessions, which you’ll have recorded access to for later use. There are a bunch of other things you’ll be getting with the course as well. Among them:
- Access to a private blogger forum: To me this is huge, you’ll have access to Bob and other motivated bloggers in order to get questions answered and feedback on your own ideas.
- Free download of all their checklits, pdf files, action plans, spreadsheets and other written resources: Bob and his partners have created a wide variety of materials for their own use in their blog empires, and you’ll have access to download them all to use on your own journey towards creating a successful blog.
I’m really only scratching the surface on what you’ll be getting when you sign up for this program. There is a ton more, and I encourage you to head on over to the Blogging Your Passion website to get more details, and to sign up for the webinar. Do it soon, however, there are limited spots available (they’ve capped the number that can attend) and they’ll only have the reduced price of $247 available for the first 50 to sign up.
I was also able to talk with Bob this morning and get a special reduced rate for my readers as well with a $50 off coupon code. To get your $50 discount just enter the following code at checkout.
coupon code: BMM50
I know that $197 seems like a lot of money, but if you’re serious about taking your blog to the next level, or starting off on the right foot towards creating a money making asset for you and your family, it’ll be well worth it. Would you rather spend the money on something that will help create a ton of income down the road, or that new iPod? To me it would be an easy choice. Check out all the details at the site below, and don’t forget to use the coupon code if you do sign up (Yes, my link is an affiliate link, thanks for signing up through me!).
Get details about Bob and Jonathon’s new courses just launched: Blogging Your Passion University 101 & 201