A friend from church told us about a software this week that you can use to create an easy budgeting system at home. It's simply called “Budget” and it uses the tried and true “envelope system” of budgeting to keep you on track. From the website:
Money Management, Made Simple
Continues after Advertisement
Tired of living payday to payday? Can't get out of debt? Try a better way to manage your bank account(s). Budget is based on the tried and true envelope method of budgeting. It's a much easier way to see where your money is, where it's needed, and where it went.
Some of the features include:
- Variable Pays: Handles pays that vary in frequency and amount.
- QIF Import: Convert data from other applications, or download your transactions from a bank.
- Bank Account Management: Record checks, debits, and deposits, and easily balance your checkbook.
- Define Pay Sources: Set up your income to automatically distribute funds to various envelopes.
- Multiple Bank Accounts: Define as many bank accounts as you need.
- Credit Cards: Track your credit card spending, and stay out of debt.
I haven't personally used the software as of yet, but my friends have and they seem to like it quite a bit. Give it a try – there is a 30 day free trial!