Darren Rowse over at ProBlogger.net recently hosted an article that gave a list of 30 Bloggers To Watch.
After the post went live Darren gave a challenge to others in the blogosphere to make their own lists of bloggers to watch in their own niches. I decided to join in the fun!
My list contains a lot of newer blogs, and blogs that have hit their stride in the past year. All of them are valuable additions to your daily reading Some of the bigger blogs in the personal finance niche may not appear, but that’s OK as you’ve probably already heard of them anyway!
If you want to follow these people, and over 200 others in the personal finance niche, check out my personal finance twitter list! So without further ado, here’s my list of 50 personal finance bloggers to watch.
50 Personal Finance Bloggers To Watch
This list isn’t in any particular order, I’ve just listed 50 of my most favorite personal finance blogs who I expect big things from in the coming years.
- Punch Debt In The Face: This site has been one of my favorites this year just because the author always makes me smile with his hilarious drawings, and biting take on personal finance topics. Recent post: My 401k Is Gonna Be Pissed!
- Wealth Pilgrim: Neal at Wealth Pilgrim is one of the smartest guys in the PF blogosphere, and he’s a nice guy to boot. He’s got a ton of great content, and just put out an ebook! Read his inspiring story first: My Story.
- Budgets Are Sexy: Another blogger that has taken off this past year, because of his insightful posts, helpful resources, and creative look at finances. Favorite post: Scratch Off Lottery Project.
- Good Financial Cents: Jeff is a certified financial planner and all around tough guy! He’s served our country in Iraq, and now he’s serving us all by giving us the best personal finance content! Top 135+ Personal Finance Posts.
- Oblivious Investor: If you want good information on investing, visit this site. ‘Nuff said. Post: How to Rollover Your 401k into a Roth IRA
- Money Wise Steward: The site is run by Apryl and she says, “I’m a Jesus lover and He has given me a love for helping others manage their money. Join me in living to the fullest!” She has a ton of great content that can help you to save. For example, 20+ Best Ways To Save Money: Practical Ways To Save Now.
- Financial Highway: Ray has been one of the more prolific writers in the PF world this year, with articles on several of the biggest blogs. His site rocks too: 5 Tips For Effective Goal Setting.
- Free From Broke: One of my favorite blogs, and a great guy! Post: Why Should I Keep Dumping Money Into My Old Car Or Other Old Junk?
- PT Money: Phil over at PTMoney hit his stride this year with a ton of great posts, a new design, and his awesome article that was passed around everywhere, including MSN Money: 52 Ways To Make Extra Money.
- Enemy of Debt: An inspirational read, especially if you’re trying to get out of debt: People Need An Excuse To Spend Money, And They’re Eager To Find One.
- Millionaire Dojo: Nathan Clarke is the financial sensei and he looks forward to training with you in the art of personal finance! Top 10 Blogs For Becoming A Millionaire
- Debt Free Adventure: Matt has been everywhere this year doing posts for some of the biggest PF bloggers, and building up his own great site. Plus he’s one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet: 3 Ways to Get Started Investing with $1,000 or Less.
- GenXFinance: Jeremy is a truly funny guy, but also is extremely smart when it comes to all things financial: Are You a Credit Card Junkie? Learn How to Kick the Habit.
- Redeeming Riches: Jason is an other great Christian personal finance blogger, and has a lot of thought provoking posts: Should You Give Money To A Homeless Person?
- Cash Money Life: Ryan has a great site, with tons of great money saving information. Don’t forget to check out his deals page. Post: The Most Important Financial Goals.
- Financial Samurai: I’ve only discovered the Samurai recently, and he’s not shy about voicing his opinions. Recent post: Be A Sloth and Don’t ROTH – Why Converting To A ROTH Is A Mistake!
- Deliver Away Debt: A blog by a guy delivering pizzas to help get rid of his debt. Recent post: Pay 401K Loan or High Interest Loan.
- Money Help For Christians: Another staff writer for this site, Craig also has his own great personal finance blog. Recent post: 8 Benefits of a Fully Funded Emergency Fund.
- Darwin’s Finance: Solid personal finance advice, with an interesting twist. Recent post: Get Off Your Butt and Do Something Quick and Easy to Improve Your Finances!
- Maple Money: If you’re a Canadian, this is one of the better Canadian finance blogs. Recent post: What’s Yours Is Mine: Consolidating Your Debts After Marriage.
- Own The Dollar: A great new personal finance blog I’ve enjoyed reading the past few months. Recent post: How To Choose a Life Insurance Plan that Meets Your Needs and Budget.
- SeedTime: One of the inspirations for this blog, and still one of the best. Recent post: How To Make Money Blogging.
- Joe Taxpayer: Great blog for investing topics, and another helpful blogger! Recent post: Can the Market Make You Rich?
- Fiscal Fizzle: Spicy personal finance thoughts from a new daddy! Recent post: 6 Important Tasks After a New Baby’s Birth.
- Fiscal Geek: Great personal finance content, along with some creative hacking posts. Recent post: The A-Team talks about the Roth 401k vs. Traditional 401ks.
- Finance for a Freelance LIfe: Mrs. Micah is one of the most helpful bloggers out there, and she writes from the heart. Recent post: Why I Don’t Want to Retire Early.
- Studenomics: Students who are worried about finances, pay attention to this blogger! Recent post: 5 Steps to Get You Hired as an English Teacher Abroad.
- No Debt Plan: Kevin at No Debt Plan is a great guy, and his posts are insightful. Recent post: Your Spouse: Financial Teammate or Financial Enemy?
- Being Frugal: Lynnae writes about personal finance topics from the viewpoint of a mom, and frugal queen. Recent post: 101 Ways to Cut Your Spending This Year
- Moolanomy: Pinyo was very helpful to me when I was a new blogger. His site gives top notch personal finance advice. Recent post: Do You Have To Pay Taxes On Unemployment Income?
- Four Pillars: Four Pillars is another popular Canadian finance blog, and the advice is second to none. Recent post: Threats As A Negotiation Strategy.
- ManVsDebt: It seems that world traveler Baker has been showing up on all the popular lists, and how could I not mention him again? Recent post: Tyler Durden’s Guide To Personal Finance.
- SquawkFox: Kerry, the Fox from SquawkFox.com is a fitness, personal finance and photography guru. Check out her new book too! Recent post: 10 Frugal Ways to get Fit this Winter.
- Dough Roller: The Dough Roller is the man when it comes to good personal finance and blogging advice. Recent post: 11 Smart Money Moves to Supercharge Your Finances
- Million Dollar Journey: Another Canadian blogger, the frugal trader gives solid investment and finance advice. Recent post: Early Retirement Series
- Money Crashers: Money Crashers is a good read, and they’re currently hosting a huge giveaway! Recent post: Important Tax Dates To Remember
- LenPenzo.com: Len has a different take on life, and his posts are always entertaining. Especially love the movie reviews! Recent post: The Only New Year’s Resolution That Really Matters
- My Dollar Plan: Madison has quietly grown My Dollar Plan to be one of the leading personal finance blogs. Recent post: 35 Best Personal Finance Books
- Saving To Invest: Andy’s site has become one of my first stops for information about taxes, tax deductions and stimulus info. Recent post: Health Care Bill Hits Married Couples Harder
- Suburban Dollar: Kyle writes about personal finance from the viewpoint of a normal suburban dad, and does it well. Recent post: The Art of Delayed Gratification
- DollarSanity: Peter writes about entrepreneurship and finance from the perspective of an engineer who has done a ton of things in online business. Great site, with great content. Recent post: 114 Side Hustle Ideas To Make Extra Money.
- Financial Panther: Kevin writes from the perspective of a lawyer who quit his job to do side hustles and blog full time. Kevin is another Minnesota blogger, and I’ve had the pleasure of meeting him in person. Recent post: October 2019 Side Hustle Report – $3,114.60.
- Debt Discipline: Brian got out of over $100,000 in debt, and now aims to help others get out of similar situations. Recent post: Best Mobile Apps to Make Money.
- Your Money Geek: This site has a unique blend of money topics along with tech and sci-fi articles. Recent post: Why Dave Ramsey is Wrong About the Debt Snowball (And What to Do Instead!)
- Invested Wallet: Todd writes about personnal finance and early retirement, with a wide variety of topics covered. Recent post: .
- Vital Dollar: Marc is a successful online entrepreneur and he writes about all sorts of topics surrounding personal finance and entrepreneurship. Recent post:
- Wealthy Nickel: Andrew at Wealthy Nickel writes about a lot of topics including real estate, being a landlord and general personal finance. Recent post: How to Make an Extra $500 a Month – 7 Proven Ways That Actually Work.
- Peerless Money Mentor: Jerry has a ton of great content, but I particularly like his “From Broke to Financially Woke Interview Series”. Recent posts: Growing Up in the Ghetto: From the Projects to Home Ownership.
- Financially Alert: Michael has a ton of great FIRE related content on his site, including his “Finding Fi Interview Series”. Recent post: Finding FI Interview #28: How Michelle Sailed to FI and Beyond.
- Young And The Invested: Riley is a CPA and his site is a “guide to financial independence and entrepreneurship”. It has a ton of great content. Recent post: How to Grow Passive Income & Pay Little-to-No Tax Forever.
So there you have it. My list of the top 50 personal finance blogs to watch this year.
If those aren’t enough blogs, head on over to WiseBread.com’s Top 100+ Personal Finance Blogs list or the 45 Top Personal Finance Blogs list from The Money Mix. There are a ton of other great blogs there to check out!
Thanks for stopping by! Before you go, please subscribe to this site via email, and follow us on Twitter and Facebook!
Have some other great personal finance blogs for everyone to check out? Feel slighted that you weren’t included? Leave a comment with your url below, and we’ll make sure it gets approved!
Jason@Frugal Dad says
Awesome list, Peter! I see many of my favorites on the list. Thanks for including me.
Jason@Frugal Dad´s last post ..Upside Down Car Loans: Eight Simple Steps To Get Out Fast
Matt Jabs says
Great list Pete… glad to see Debt Free Adventure made the list – the content of the site centers around topics I am incredibly passionate about so writing the articles is more fun than it is work! :-)
Matt Jabs´s last post ..3 Ways to Get Started Investing with $1,000 or Less
Me, of course! Although, since I’m a staff writer at some of those you listed, I guess that counts. ;)
Miranda´s last post ..Friday Fun Video: Strong Bad Explains Garage Sales
Peter Anderson says
Yeah, you’re just everywhere Miranda, so I didn’t know where to put you! :) Of course – you’re number 51. :)
Nicole @ Rainy-Day Saver says
Great list, I read a lot of these folks! I’m semi-represented on here, as my guest post is highlighted under Canadian Finance.
Nicole @ Rainy-Day Saver´s last post ..Apple "Tablet": What Affect Will It Have On Media Consumption?
Nice list, Pete. :)
Patrick´s last post ..Cloth Diapers vs. Disposable Diapers
J. Money says
Coolness man! Been really enjoying yours this year as well (2009, that is) – good things are coming in 2010 for all of us! Giddy up.
J. Money´s last post ..Personal Financial Statements shouldn’t be Top Secret.
Peter Anderson says
Thanks, I appreciate it J!
Paul Williams says
Great list, Pete! I see a lot of my favorites as well. It would have been nice to see Provident Planning make the list, but I’ll keep working at it! :)
Paul Williams´s last post ..Personal Finance in the Bible: Exodus 20:17
Peter Anderson says
Grease my palms with a few guest posts and I can guarantee you get on the next list ;) But seriously, everyone check out Paul’s site as well!
Paul Williams says
Hahaha, thanks Pete. I’ll keep that in mind. That’s part of my strategy for 2010 anyway!
Financial Samurai says
Whoo hoo! #17 on the list, even though it’s in no particular order! :)
That’s a lot of hard work putting together this list Pete, so thanks!
Your post on how to make money with a blog was very insightful btw. I guess I should start cracking, but I need a kick in the butt b/c I’m so lazy when it comes to this. Gotta do it for the children!
Financial Samurai´s last post ..The Katana: Performance, Income Poll, Winners, Good Reads 1/10
Peter Anderson says
No problem, I’ve been enjoying your blog quite a bit! Now… go do it for the children!
Peter Anderson says
Great job rounding up all those blogs and posts! I’m excited to be included.
Paul @ FiscalGeek says
Yeah thanks so much Pete. You yourself have definitely been killing it this year, and one of the first blogs I check in the morning. Thanks for including me in your wonderful list. Hard to nail down all the awesome blogs but you did it very well!
Paul @ FiscalGeek´s last post ..Adjust your 2010 Tax Withholding and Stop Loaning the Government Money
Peter Anderson says
Thank goodness for Google Reader where I have all these awesome blogs bookmarked!
Thank you Pete. I’m happy to see Moolanomy on the list along with other awesome blogs!
Pinyo´s last post ..2010 Roth IRA Conversion, Important Things to Know
I read most of these blogs, great list maybe The Lean Times might make it next year. ; )
Peter Anderson says
Joe, your blog is one I would highly recommend. I’m not sure how it didn’t make it this time! Oversight on my part. Hey everyone, subscribe to Joe’s blog! :)
Thanks for including my up and coming blog Peter! I hope 2010 is the year EOD blows up! :)
Brad´s last post ..In Order To Succeed Financially, You Must Redefine The Word “Deal”
Peter Anderson says
Hopefully not literally! ;)
I’m honored to be included on this list!
Studenomist´s last post ..5 Steps to Get You Hired as an English Teacher Abroad
Jason @ One Money Design says
Pete, thanks for including One Money Design in the list! There are some great blogs listed here. I look forward to continuing my work at One Money Design and here at BMM helping people achieve true financial freedom!!!
well, that was quick! Good job, I think Darren will be proud!
ChristianPF´s last post ..How (and where) to donate your car to charity
Thanks, Pete. Great list. Looking forward to seeing what all these guys and gals do in 2010.
PT´s last post ..5 Tips for Making Extra Money
Debt Ninja says
Ugh, I’m so happy I could fart :) Thanks a ton for including me in your top 50, but I’m going to pretend they were listed in order and me being first means something…haha. Keep on keepin’ on man, I love your stuff!
I couldn’t wait to get home to give my proper thanks! Thank you so much Peter for including me on this list. I am inspired to be amongst such great people. Some of them I follow already…others I will get to know very soon!
Neal @wealth pilgrim says
Like Jason, I see a ton of great blogs on here and super appreciated being included.
Awesome list! There are a few up there I am familiar with and more excitingly quite a few I need to check out! Thanks for compiling this! Even if you were volunteered! Haha :)
Wonderful list, thank-you for including me even though I’m just a new kid on the block (NKOTB is not my favorite boy band by the way.)
I like the Christian view point you bring with your writing. The new series is fantastic. I fit right into the demographic :-)
Keep up the great work.
Jeff´s last post ..Frugal Friday Tips – Lunch
Great list Pete, sorry I didn’t make the cut. When you are ready for a dose of reality, come on over and read the real story.
I think this list is awesome. I am humbled to be listed on it Peter. I was surely happy to find some blogs on here that i hadn’t read as of yet.
You’re the man for putting this together!
Kim: Blogging for Change says
My New Year’s resolution is to make it on 2011’s list! I’d be in great company!
An excellent list indeed! I see many of the blogs that I frequent on a regular basis and some that I’ll now be sure to check out. Thanks for the concise and helpful listing!
Wojciech Kulicki says
I’m honored to be included–thank you!
Wojciech Kulicki´s last post ..Proud New Dad (and Mom)
Thanks for including me in your list! I appreciate it.
Hank´s last post ..What Information Is Used To Determine Your FICO Credit Score
Thanks for the list. I read many of the great posts. So many good writers out there.
Darwin's Finance says
Wow, honored to be included with such a great list of bloggers. Thanks for including me!
Ok…Looks like I need to take my game up to get on the list next year! See you in 2011! :)
RateNerd´s last post ..Five Tax Tips That Save You Time and Money This Year
Money Reasons says
Thanks for the great list to check out. While I read most of them already, it’s always nice to see what is new and exciting out there…
Money Reasons´s last post ..MoneyReasons Weekly Review 2010, Jan 17
Thanks for the mention in an elite group of PF bloggers! I’m hoping people aren’t just watching us, but participating with us in the financial journey of life!
great list … I hope to make it next year!
Hey Pete wonderful list how comes I didn’t make it. lol lol
Money Reasons says
Thanks for the great list, I checked out and found a few new links to site that I hadn’t hit before!
Nice list. Hopefully Personal Dividends does not make this list next year, but for a different reason. I am hoping it will not be a blog “to watch” anymore, but a blog that has already got it made :-)
Great list of of blogs there. Thanks for them. It is a good idea to make a list of blogs in different niche’s. I might consider making one also in the near future.
Great list, there are some on there I haven’t seen yet. My friend and I have been doing quite a bit of research on the personal finance blog niche and have decided to dive in ourselves. We are new so we don’t expect to make your list quite yet, but check out our blog at: https://thinkrichthinkpoor.com/. Keep up the great work!
Financial Freedom Countdown says
Great list. In case you want stories of an immigrant who went from $1k to $2M in 12 years living in San Francisco; follow along at https://financialfreedomcountdown.com/
Mostly write about financial freedom, early retirement, FIRE and living life to the fullest extent possible! Topics range from increasing income, investing in everything from moonshot stocks to bitcoin to real estate including how I lost $$ so you don’t have to :-)
Jasper Stojanovski says
Wow, I must say—that is a huge list.
Anyway, I’m Jasper Stojanovski from stojfinance.com.
I’m 21 years old and I live in Geelong, Australia.
I’m studying a Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University and started my personal finance blog in November of 2018.
I started my blog because I want to help people save money, make more money, and ultimately—build wealth!
And I’d love to be included in your list.
Hey, I’d really be happy if you could feature my blog im your list!
Im sharing my financial independence and fitness journey, talking about the connection between fitness and finance, supplements, emergency funds, workout programs, investing and more.
My blog is here: https://finfitdude.com/