Welcome to BibleMoneyMatters.com – a Christian personal finance blog that helps regular people dump the chains of debt and live financially free.
Hi, I’m Peter Anderson, and Bible Money Matters is my faith and finance blog where I write about all things personal finance. I believe that everyone can live a life free of debt and financial strain, they just need to have a plan. Hopefully this blog can play a small part in helping you to start your financial blueprint so that down the road you can save, invest and give more to others!
Please feel free to subscribe to my newsletter below and get exclusive financial tips and strategies that you cannot find here on the blog, as well as free access to my eBook, Advice From Successful Bloggers.
When we were first married my wife and I had thousands of dollars in student loans, credit card debt and other consumer debt. We decided that we had had enough. We decided that we wanted to become debt free and get rid of the heavy weight that debt put on our shoulders. Since then we have been blessed to become debt-free except the mortgage. We love being debt free, and like to live by this verse:
The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. Proverbs 22:7
We don’t ever want to be servant to the lender again. We are now working our way towards building a nice nest egg for our future, and hope you’ll join us on that journey.
Bible Money Matters was launched in January of 2008 as a place for me to talk about my Christian faith and how it affects my finances. Many people believe that faith and finances should be wholly separate, but I believe they are inextricably bound. There are over 2300 bible verses on money, and it is clear to me that our money needs to be informed by our faith.
Bible Money Matters Interviews
Want to learn a little more about me and the site? Check out these interviews I did on other sites!
- Your-Roth-IRA.com: Bible Money Matters Interview
- Faith and Finance: Featured Finance Blog: Bible Money Matters
- Personal Finance Journey: Interview with the founder of Bible Money Matters
- Lending Club Blog: Interview Part 1 and Part 2
- Studenomics.com: Personal Finance Blogger Interview
- Money Smart Life: Interview Series – Bible Money Matters
- Ask Mr. Credit Card Interview: Interview With Peter Anderson
Keeping In Touch
Bible Money Matters has a lot of different ways you can keep in touch. I thought I’d share a few of those ways that you can become a part of the community here:
- Email Newsletter – Get exclusive financial tips and strategies that you cannot find here on the blog, weekly recaps of blog content, giveaways for subscribers only, and a free ebook when you sign up! Sign up in the form at the bottom of the page!
- RSS Feed and Daily Email Updates – One of the most popular ways that people follow what goes up on the blog is via our RSS feed and email updates. RSS technology allows you to subscribe to our site and be notified of updates on a variety of tools like Google’s ‘Reader’ tool, among others. Add this RSS feed to your news reader, or sign up for daily email updates here.
- Twitter – Join over 10,000 other twitterbugs by following us on Twitter.com! I go by the name of @moneymatters on twitter, and I send daily updates including links to great finance content, deals and giveaways and general personal finance chatter. Want to get to know me? Hit me up on Twitter!
- Facebook – We now have a facebook page where you can like us and receive daily blog updates, chat with other readers and participate in facebook only giveaways!
- Google Plus – Head on over to our Google Plus page, add me to one of your circles and give us a +1! I share content from my blog, as well as others that I enjoy.
That’s a summary of the main ways that people can stay up to date with us here at Bible Money Matters. So stay in touch!
Give us Your Feedback?
I’d love to hear your feedback on the site, our content, or anything else that’s on your mind. Email us anytime via our contact page.