For the past week we were running a giveaway on this site for 3 copies of TurboTax Deluxe, courtesy of the good folks over at Intuit – makers of TurboTax and Mint.com. We had a ton of comments, tweets and people subscribing, and as of yesterday we had three winners chosen. They are:
- Jenni S
- Stephanie G
- Henria O
Congratulations you guys, and I hope you're all getting a big refund in addition to your free filing!
I use TurboTax myself, and have for a couple of years now. This past weekend I entered all of my tax data into TurboTax, and I'll be filing shortly. The result? I estimated my taxes pretty well this year, and as a result I get a tiny refund from state taxes, and I owe about $150 for federal. Read my full TurboTax review.
Financial Blogger Conference
Are you a financial blogger, and want to meet up with a bunch of other financial bloggers to hang out, network, and figure out ways to increase your income? Consider coming to the Financial Blogger Conference this year in Chicago from September 30th-October 2nd. Head on over to the conference website to get further details
Great Posts From Around The Web This Week
- Happily Ever After: Money Matters You MUST Discuss Before Marriage
- Kids ‘n Cookies – A Lesson in Budgeting
- What A Financial Advisor Can And Cannot Do For You
- How Much Annual Pay Should I Be Saving?
- Picking Mutual Funds: Don't Just Look at the Winners
- The Mortgage Tax Deduction Myth
- 8 Reasons To Use Your Credit Card
- How to unlock your Ontario LIRA or locked-in retirement account
- Commonly Missed Tax Deductions
- How To Teach Kids About Money And Get Results
- How to Start a Business with No Money | Want it Bad Enough?
- Education Tax Credits Can Help Pay For College Costs
- Save Money By Joining a CSA
- Spousal Benefits and Social Security Strategies for Married Couples
- Betterment.com: Investing in Stocks and Bonds Made Easy – Review
- Why Chasing Bank Interest Rates is a Waste
- Don't Chase High Dividend Stocks
- The Case for Automating your Finances