This weekend was an extremely beautiful one here in the Twin Cities area. We had temps in the 80s, blue skies and a slight breeze. Perfect weather in my opinion!
I was able to get out and take some photos with my new Canon EOS Rebel T1i down at one of the popular lakes in our area, and I got some great shots of the bumblebees as they hopped from plant to plant partaking in their sweet flowery goodness!
In related insect news, I also discovered some wasp nests on the side of our garage this weekend. Luckily the nests weren’t very far along and i was able to dismantle them before all the wasps had moved in. Before I did though, I got a couple of pictures of those as well. Don’t these bugs just look scary up close?
Thankfully I wasn’t stung when I took down the nests. The last time I was stung by a wasp it stung me right on the eyelid, causing my eye to balloon up. I couldn’t see for several days out of that eye!
2nd Quarter Estimated Taxes Are Due Today!
If you’re self employed, or have self employment income, don’t forget that your second quarter estimated tax payment is due today! For more details about how estimated tax payments work, check out my article on the topic: Estimated Tax Payments
I was included in several carnivals this past week, and was honored to be chosen as the editor’s pick in several of them.
- Carnival of Personal Finance (Editor’s pick for my article Watch TV Without Paying An Arm And A Leg For Cable TV)
- Best of Money Carnival – Rolling Stones Edition! (One of the top 10 PF articles this week for my post keeping on a budget even when things are going well)
- Carnival of Debt Reduction (Editor’s pick for my article Don’t Let Your Emotions Cloud Your Good Judgement. Set Goals And Delay Gratification)
- Carnival of Pecuniary Delights (Editor’s pick for my article A Bad Plan Is Better Than No Plan At All)
- Festival of Frugality: Revenge Of The Fallen Transformers Edition (Editor’s pick for my article 7 Common Questions About The 2009 New Car Sales Tax Deduction)
- Carnival of Top PF Posts
- Money Hacks Carnival
Good Reading For This Week
Lots of good personal finance reads for the coming week. Here are a few of them.
- 107 Things That Make Good Financial Cents (My pick for the best PF post of the week. Must read!)
- Retired at 31!
- Taking a Closer Look at Making Home Affordable Program
- Toughness Is A Virtue
- Use The First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit Now!
- House Passes Bill to Give You Money For Your Gas Guzzler
- How We Vacation (This one makes me a tad jealous!)
- Keeping Up With The Cheapskates!?
- 5 Ways To Save Money Now!
- Turning Garage Sale Junk Into Ebay Gold
- 10 Excuses That Keep You In Credit Card Debt
- The Curse Of Lottery Winners
- What Is Your Debt Philosophy?
Last Edited: 17th June 2009