It's been a busy and stressful week at our house. We've got a 4 month old now, and my wife, who is a stay at home mom, has been sick the entire week.
She caught something last weekend at a family gathering (several other people who were there are now sick as well), and ever since then she has been sick as a dog.
I stayed home from work on Monday, and for the next 3 days my wife's mother came over to help with the baby. Now my mother-in-law is sick as well. I'm thankful that the baby and I haven't gotten sick, but it's still tough on everyone. This situation has meant less sleep for everyone, a lot of frazzled nerves, and a bit of relief that the weekend is finally here. Thank goodness. I am going to sleep for like 40 of the 48 hours this weekend I think, getting up just long enough to go to church on Sunday and watch the Vikings later on that afternoon.
It's amazing how easy it can be to take the small things, like sleep and health, for granted. (Ok I suppose your health is a BIG thing).
Since I'll be taking it easy this weekend, I'm sure I'll be catching up on a lot of great reading on the web. But first, remember we've got a contest that ends today!
- Dumping Debt & Building Wealth Giveaway: Win A Dave Ramsey Starter Kit Or Other Prizes!: Last chance to win, ends today!
Here's some great posts that I recommend from this past week for your weekend reading:
- Christian Finance Blogs Favorite Verses (everyone picked a different verse!)
- Think You Could Live in a Hotel? (I Do!!)
- Giving Away Stuff: Things Come and Go, but Memories Last Forever
- Try This If You Suck At Budgeting
- Verizon FiOS promotions
- Three Lessons Learned from Observing Monkeys
- How To Improve Your Credit Score
- Kinect Fitness Games
- The tooth fairy pushes credit?!
- Are the Wealthy Really Happier?
- What Is a Stock and Why Should I Care?
- 5 Tips for Building Wealth
- Are Dental Insurance Plans Worth the Money?
- How To Retire Early
- What’s Keeping You From Finding A Job?
- How To Open A Roth IRA
- Are You Ready to Afford a Baby?
- How To Become A CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- Will the 2011 Roth 401k and Roth IRA Limits Go Up?
- Tithing And Paying Off A House In 5 Years
- 2011 Tax Brackets
- Danger! Payday Loans are a Weapon of Mass Destruction
- How-to Pay Off Debt With The Income You Have?
- How to Negotiate With Creditors
- How To Save Money Fast
- Give Back With Love Drop
- Best Low Interest Credit Cards
- ScotTrade Discount Brokerage Review
- Buying Gold Online
- dutch sandwich tax
- Options Trading 101
Enjoy the weekend!