One year ago my wife and I, along with my wife’s parents, were on a cruise of the Mediterranean. Exactly one year ago on this date we were taking in the sites of Athens, Greece. While there we were able to visit the site of the Parthenon, the site of the first modern Olympic games, as well as several other ancient ruins. It was extremely humbling to view those ancient sites, and imagine what it must have been like thousands of years ago, living in ancient Greece. Certainly makes you thankful that we live in modern times. See more photos from our trip here, here and here.
This year my wife and I are considering a trip to the east coast to take in the fall colors in Maine, visit Niagara Falls and to just drive the scenic New England byways. Hopefully we’ll be able to pull it off because we’ve let it go pretty long, and it might be too late to book the trip at a reasonable cost at this point. We’ll see! (Have any pointers for us in booking travel to the area? Let us know in the comments)
Carnivals I Participated In This Week
I participated in several carnivals this week – and even got editor’s pick in a few of them!
- Festival of Frugality: I was chosen as an editor’s pick for the guest post by JoeTaxpayer called, “What is a Roth IRA and What are the Benefits?“
- Best of Money Carnival: The same post as above was chosen as the “most educational post” of the week – and one of the top 10 “best of money” articles this week.
- Carnival of Money Stories: My article “How To Get A Deal And Save Money When You’re Buying Electronics Or Other High Ticket Items” was chosen as an editor’s pick!
- Carnival of Money Hackers: I was included for my article – “Time Is Running Out To Get The $8000 First Time Homebuyer Tax Credit“
- Carnival of Personal Finance: My article, “5 Roadblocks to Help Prevent Impulsive Spending Decisions” was included in the mix.
Other Great Reading This Week
As always there was a lot of good reading this week in the personal finance blogosphere. Here are a few of my favorites.
- A Legacy From Mom (a tribute to Frugal Dad and his mother who just passed away. Our prayers are with you Jason.)
- The 2009 Personal Finance “How to” Roundup
- 42 Ways To Radically Simplify Your Financial Life
- What Are You Laboring For?
- Time To Start Saving For The Holidays?
- How To Save Money On Your College Tuition
- House Hunting: Mortgages And Interest Rates
- Taking Baby Steps Towards Financial Goals
- Do A Background Check Before Hiring Your Financial Advisor
- The Woman With The Well
- Should We Pay Children Allowance?
Last Edited: 26th February 2011