Review and Giveaway
A week or two back after finding my site, Luke over nuruplanet.com emailed me and offered to send me a packet of Nuru's Personal Finance Pocket Cards to review on the site. In theory they sounded like a great idea – flash cards centered around the basic principles of personal finance. I jumped at the offer figuring I could check them out, and then give them away to a lucky reader of the blog. So that's what we're going to do – a quickie review, and then a giveaway!
So What Are They?
Here is how Luke describes the cards:
NURU‘s Personal Finance is a deck of 30 ultra-thin, waterproof, and durable pocket-sized plastic cards that take potentially complex topics and break them down into easy, everyday language, using simple examples to make the concepts stick. Such topics include investing, loans, credit, insurance, retirement vehicles, etc. What's more, those who purchase Personal Finance will be able to access the deck’s content on their mobile phone or computer within the next few weeks.
Ok, so we're taking complex finance topics, and breaking them down so they're easier to understand. I'm all for educating people on complex financial topics. So what types of topics do they cover?
There are 7 categories of interest on the cards. They are:
- Essential Finance Vocabulary
- Personal planning
- Retirement Vehicles
Want to win a set of Nuru Personal Finance Cards?
I'm going to be giving away my set of Nuru Personal Finance Cards. There are a couple of ways to win.
- Leave a comment on this post telling us something you've learned about personal finance this year. (1 entry)
- Subscribe to this blog's RSS feed, and then leave a comment here telling us that you've done so (2 entries)
It's as easy as that, up to 3 entries per person! The contest will run until 11/14 at 12 noon at which time we'll choose a winner of the cards using Random.org.
Want to win some other stuff? Check out this great giveaway!
- Simple Mom is giving away an awesome Epson Artison Wi-fi printer! Enter her contest here.
- My Two Dollars is giving away a book called $1,000 Dollars & An Idea – Entrepreneur To Billionaire.
- SmarterFitter Blog is giving away a teapot! click here to enter.