Cash Crate – An Easy Way To Make Some Extra Money
In a post a while back I talked about how I was able to make some extra money using CashCrate.com, and how you can do the same thing. I’ve now been with the service for over 4 years, and I’m still earning a check every month. This past month I made $366.77 just by filling out surveys, and also by referring new users to the service. Not too bad for something that doesn’t take much time.
In my review of the service I didn’t get very detailed on how to setup your account and get started earning money, so I thought today I would take moment to walk through the process in a little more detail for those of you who would like to give it a shot. Don’t worry, it isn’t very hard and you can be earning your first dollar within minutes!
UPDATE: Here’s a running tally of how much I’ve made with Cash Crate. As of 7/2014 I’ve made over $9100!:
Getting Started With Cash Crate
Here is a quick step by step guide to getting started earning your first dollar using Cash Crate.
- Get a new email: First, sign up for a new free email address at a website like Hotmail.com or Gmail.com. You will be getting a ton of email after signing up and filling out surveys, because a lot of what you’re doing is getting paid to get on someone’s mailing list. An example email you might set up could be “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Make note of what your new email address is.
- Sign up for Cash Crate: Sign up for Cash Crate by clicking on this link. It will take you to a page where you’ll be asked for your basic information including email address (use your new one) and a password. Once you click on the “Join Now!” button as shown in the screenshot, it will ask you for your mailing address as well so that they can send you your payment. Currently payment is made only by check.
- Start making money by filling out surveys and accepting offers: Once you’ve signed up for the service you can start making money right on the first day in a couple of different ways. First, you can fill out surveys. Just click on the link on your dashboard that says “complete offers” and it will bring you to a page where you can start filling out surveys for cash or for points (points can be redeemed for rewards like Itunes gift cards, Starbucks cards, etc).On my first day using the service I chose to just complete the “cash offers”, that were 100% free. Those offers will pay out a certain cash amount (which it will show under the “payout” heading) and don’t require you to pay anything up front. Other offers may have higher payouts, but they may require you to use a credit card to sign up for a trial offer, or to pay for a month of service (like one available netflix offer). Offers can be as simple as filling in your email address (once again, use your newly created email), and as complicated as filling in several pages of survey questions.One thing that I’ve found extremely helpful in completing offers quickly is using an autocomplete form filler like Roboform. Basically what this program does is automatically fill out the forms for you so that you don’t have to manually enter all of your information every time you fill out a survey or trial offer. Just make sure the information it is entering is the correct information because sometimes it will fill in something that isn’t quite right – putting the right information in the wrong field.Once you’ve filled out the survey or or completed an offer, just click on the “submit” link in the Cash Crate window next to the offer you completed. Your submission will then be added to “pending” payouts, and will be verified. If you didn’t complete enough of an offer, it will be rejected, so be sure to fill it out completely.
Some of the other offers include offers that allow you to get payouts for clicking on a referral link when shopping. For example, I took advantage of a deal through Vista Print that allowed me to get 250 free business cards (with my blog name/url on them). All I had to do was pay shipping. The shipping cost about $5.75, and my payout from Cash Crate was about $5. So for 75 cents I was able to get a big box of business cards that I can hand out to people I know, and leave at store bulletin boards etc. Not bad for a little bit of blog publicity!
- Earn money through referrals: You can also earn big money at Cash Crate using referrals. For every new user that you refer to the service, you’ll get paid a small amount for surveys that they fill out, as well as getting a $3 bonus when they complete enough surveys to reach their first $10 payout. If you have a blog you can promote the Cash Crate site and link to it using your personal referral link. You can write a post (like this one) explaining the site, and referring people to the service. Once you get enough people referred to the service the payouts can be quite nice! It’s how I make most of my money through them now as I haven’t been filling out surveys for a while due to time constraints.
So there you go, a quick and easy way to earn a few bucks.
- Sign up for a new email address for spam emails (technically not spam since you’re signing up for them).
- Sign up through my referral link.
- Complete offers.
- Refer other users.
- Watch the money roll in!
If you have questions, or problems, feel free to contact me through the “contact” link at the top of the page.
Leave a comment and let me know what your experience has been with Cash Crate, I’m interested to know!