I always enjoy reading the posts submitted for the Carnival of Money Stories because so often the topic of personal finance can be so dry, and to be honest, boring. The stories submitted to this carnival quite often have a more personal touch, talking about people’s lives, and their experiences with money. That tends to make it a bit more interesting.
Today I thought I would give a “Money Quotes” theme to the carnival, and intersperse all the great submissions with some money quotes that I hope will make you think and smile.
Thanks to everyone who submitted their posts. Don’t forget to submit your articles for next week’s carnival, hosted at greenpandatreehouse.com, and check out all past carnivals at the Carnival of Money Stories site.
Carnival Of Money Stories
Property is the fruit of labor; property is desirable; is a positive good in the world. That some should be rich shows that others may become rich, and hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise. Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another; but let him labor diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built. – Abraham Lincoln
- Brad Chaffee presents Loans, Gifts, And Boundaries: How Loans And Gifts Create Bondage And Why Boundaries Are Important posted at Enemy of Debt: A thoughtful post talking about how when we give loans or gifts, it creates a different dynamic in the relationship, whether we want it to or not.
- Kyle presents Why Do We Always Try to Justify Our Spending? posted at Suburban Dollar: Kyle talks about how we always try to justify our spending, even if there really isn’t a good justification for it. (and then he gives a reason why spending might be ok sometimes!) Fun post.
- Kevin presents Taxes Must Go Up Eventually posted at No Debt Plan: Kevin talks about how in his estimation taxes will be going up sometime soon. Can’t say I disagree!
- Jason Topp presents How to Change Your Bad Money Habits posted at Redeeming Riches: We’ve all got bad money habits. Jason talks about how to make change them.
- Frugal Dad presents Department Store Credit Card Approvals Spark Celebration posted at Frugal Dad: Frugal Dad talks about a recent shopping trip where every time a new store credit card was issued, a celebration ensued. Kinda makes me a little sick.
The Best Of The Rest
Never spend your money before you have it. – Thomas Jefferson
- Madison presents The Automatic Poorhouse posted at My Dollar Plan.
- kathryn presents Spend a Little, Save a Lot posted at Out of Debt – Christian Finances and Debt Help.
- Britannica Blog presents About Fixing the Economy: Obama, Weak; GOP, Clueless; the Masses: Distracted (by Michael Jackson, et. al) | Britannica Blog posted at Britannica Blog.
- Single Guy Money presents My Refinance is Finally Done posted at Single Guy Money.
- Kelly from Almost Frugal presents Money in France and the United States posted at Almost Frugal.
- Mr Credit Card presents Walking Away From Debt? posted at Ask Mr Credit Card.
- The Happy Rock presents DD’s Monthly Expenses – June 2009 – The Grocery Breakthrough posted at The Happy Rock.
- Pinyo presents Beware Of Mortgage Foreclosure Rescue And Loan Modification Scams posted at Moolanomy Personal Finance.
- Middle Man presents I Can’t Afford It posted at Middle Man.
- Madeleine Begun Kane presents Is It Safe To Go Shopping With Your Mate? (Humorous Quiz) posted at Mad Kane’s Humor Blog.
Make money your god and it will plague you like the devil. – Henry Fielding
- The Smarter Wallet presents Did You Lose Your Job? Start Your Own Online Business posted at The Smarter Wallet.
- Matt Jabs presents Pay off Credit Cards VS Build Emergency Fund Savings – Me VS Suze Orman posted at Debt Free Adventure!.
- Kathryn presents Beware! 15 Common Scams That Can Steal Your Money posted at SpendOnLife.
- Silicon Valley Blogger presents An Amex Credit Card Bill You Won’t Believe posted at The Digerati Life.
- d. ninja presents Sick days are stupid posted at Punch Debt In The Face.
- Money Blogger presents Setting Intermediate-Term Financial Goals posted at Another Money Blogger.
- Luke Grand presents Escaping The Office: What Is Your Motivation? posted at Cash Out Life.
- DR presents The College Student’s Guide to Credit Cards posted at The Dough Roller.
- Curt presents Minimum Wage To Destroy the Economy and Millions of Jobs, Should Be Dropped posted at PennyJobs.com.
- nickel presents Lending Club – June 2009 Performance posted at fivecentnickel.com.
- DebbieDragon presents I Want My Share! posted at 7 Million 7 Years.
- vh presents Money happens… posted at Funny about Money.
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. – Jackie Mason
- Wren Caulfield presents Save Money on Food: Grow Your Own! posted at True Adventures in Money Hacking.
- ChristianPF presents Know well the condition of your flocks posted at Money in the Bible | Christian Personal Finance Blog.
- Ray @ Financial Highway presents The Importance of Money- Means To an End or End in Itself? posted at Financial Highway.
- PT presents How to Setup Multiple Savings Accounts at ING DIRECT posted at Prime Time Money.
- Paul Van Lierop presents Are You Fiscally Negligent? Did Netflix Cancel You Because You Never Swapped Movies? posted at FiscalGeek.
- Ryan @ Cash Money Life presents Starting Our Child on the Right Financial Path posted at Cash Money Life.
- Lazy Man presents Interesting MonaVie Story posted at Lazy Man and Money.
- Tom Drake presents Save On Insurance By Increasing Your Deductible | The Canadian Finance Blog posted at The Canadian Finance Blog.
- J. Money presents Visualizing a Life Without Debt. posted at Budgets are Sexy..
- Jeff Rose presents How To Save Money Going to a Sporting Event posted at Jeff Rose.
The mint makes it first, it is up to you to make it last. – Evan Esar
- FMF presents A Good and a Bad Experience posted at Free Money Finance.
- Darwin presents Median vs. Mean: Know the Difference or Risk Being Manipulated posted at Darwin’s Finance.
- CindyS presents Blood From A Turnip: An Alimony Story posted at Oh My Aching Debts.
- Studenomist presents Stop Blaming The Recession For Everything posted at Studenomics.
- Jason presents Keeping “The Market” In Perspective posted at Automatic Finances.
- Carlos M. Sera presents A Coffee Tale posted at Financial Tales.
- Barry presents Saving Money With Do It Yourself Projects posted at Associate Money.
A wise man should have money in his head, but not in his heart. – Jonathan Swift
- Nicole presents Just Make It Better » Free Yourself From American Consumerism posted at Just Make It Better.
- Master Your Card presents 7 Reasons Why Sticking To the Minimum Payment Is a Dumb Idea posted at Master Your Card.
- Allison Johanson presents The ETF Hall of Fame: 25 People Who Revolutionized the ETF Industry posted at ETF Database.
- Sun presents Time to Dump Ally Bank posted at Earn More Invest Wisely at The Sun’s Financial Diary.
All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arise not from defects in their Constitution or Confederation, nor from want of honor or virtue, so much as downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit, and circulation. – John Adams
Last Edited: 26th February 2011