People need to know – “will I get another check?”
If the amount of search traffic coming to this blog is any indication, people NEED to know if there is going to be another stimulus check coming their way in the coming months. My guess is probably not. In the next year? Maybe.
Indications are from the Obama campaign that they would like to give us another stimulus check which is paid for by “windfall profits” from big oil. Other infrastructure improvements (including rebuilding roads, repairing bridges, and repairing schools) included in the plan don’t have a clear funding source, but somewhere taxes will probably have to be raised. The question is – on who? To download a copy of his “Emergency Economic Plan”, click the link below for the .pdf.Stimulus Plan (48.14 KB)
The McCain campaign on the other hand hasn’t committed to any type of a stimulus check, saying that it won’t solve the problems we’re facing:
“The problems facing this economy are pretty easy to identify, energy prices are high and rising. Writing checks doesn’t do anything to solve that problem.”
So don’t expect to see another check if McCain is elected. Tax cuts? Maybe.
5.2 Million Checks From First Rebate Still Not Claimed
The IRS announced last week that 5.2 Million Americans haven’t claimed their first stimulus check. These are generally people who have not yet filed their 2007 tax return, which is necessary to file before receiving a check. If you are one of those people, you have until October 15, 2008 to file the Form 1040A. Get your form at www.IRS.gov. You don’t want to miss out now do you? So go fill out your 1040A!
Roundup of Stimulus Check Links
Here is a roundup of the opinions and news I’ve been reading around the web in regards to another stimulus check:
- Do we need another stimulus check @ cashmoneylife.com
- Obama’s Emergency Economic Plan @ Politico.com
- Another Economic Stimulus Check Could Ultimately Hurt the Economy @ Frugaldad.com
- The check is NOT in the mail @ taxgirl.com
- Stimulus checks: Second time’s the charm @ thegearedinvestor.com
- A second check? Thanks but no thanks @ thatonecaveman.com
- Another Stimulus Check? Perhaps. @ bargaineering.com
- Get two checks? Don’t cash it unless you’re entitled @ marketwatch.com
- Say no to a second stimulus check @ moolanomy.com
- Did the check help? What about a second @ freefrombroke.com
- What are the experts saying about a second stimulus? @ mydd.com
- Is the second time around really the charm? @ bizchicksrule.com
- Views of a second stimulus bill @ gregmankiw.blogspot.com
- Are we getting another stimulus check? @ allbusiness.com
- Second round of checks coming up @ fivecentnickel.com
- Get a stimulus check every year @ blogs.moneycentral.msn.com
- How to spend your stimulus check wisely @ thinkyourwaytowealth.com
What is your opinion on a second stimulus check? Will it help or hurt the economy? Would you rather see tax cuts or a stimulus check?
26th February 2011