If you’re anything like me, there is always a time when you can use a little extra money around the house to pay off debt, save for a vacation or pay a little extra on your mortgage. Here is a list of 5 ways to make some extra money.
5 Ways To Create New Income For Your Family
- Sell Things on the Internet: If you look around your house for a little while, you’ll probably find a whole stack of things that you don’t need or use anymore. Things like DVD movies, books, clothes, electronic gadgets, and a variety of other things.You can sell all of those unused items, reduce some clutter, and pocket the cash! From time to time I’ll do this and I usually end up making 2-300 dollars each time, depending on what I’m selling.I’ve found that items like books and movies tend to do best selling them on Amazon.com, while items like electronics, clothes and other things do better on Ebay. Of course you can always sell things on Craigslist.com as well – I’ve had pretty good luck selling bigger items (couches, tables) there. We sold an old treadmill last month through Craiglist in our area, for over $300. Check out the links below for some more information about selling online:
How to be a successful ebay seller
My eBay Method: 13 Steps to Profitable Auctions
A beginner’s guide to eBay
What doesn’t sell / what to buy
Selling books for extra income
A media collection purge
- Get a Part Time Job on the Weekend: Get a part time gig at a local store, or start your own part-time business. Be a clown at birthday parties, or get your own local “sign” business going. There are alot of part-time jobs or businesses you can get involved in.
LINKS: Be a clown! Start a sign business!
- Find Something You’re Good At, Hire Yourself Out Online: Do you have a special skill, or a hobby that you can monetize?I’ve dabbled in doing some design work using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, as well as some other design tools. When I set my mind to it I’ve actually done pretty well selling some basic logo and website design. I sell my services through another blog I have and through eBay.Do you dabble in photography? Try doing portraits for friends – many of them will be willing to pay for sittings since professionals charge so much. Do you enjoy doing video editing? Try converting people’s home movies to DVD for family and friends for a small fee.Find something you’re good at and find a way to monetize it. LINKS:
My sources of alternative income, and how i make them work for me
- Sign Up for a Cash Rewards Credit Card: If you don’t have one already, sign up for a cash rewards credit card. Use the card to pay your monthly bills, and then pay it off every month. By doing this you can be creating cash back rewards for yourself, just by paying bills that you would have paid anyway. We get quite a bit of cash back every year just doing this.
- Become a fashion designer!: If you’ve got a little bit of creativity, it isn’t too hard to come up with a few pithy sayings, or to find a niche to create some t-shirts to sell on Cafepress.com. Just design a logo or saying in Photoshop (or other graphics software) upload the graphic, and you’ve got an online t-shirt store. I found one niche, designed a few shirts, and started selling t-shirts on Cafepress.com recently that end up making me about 10-20 dollars a month. Not much, but it adds up!
I play Kubb – Cafepress.com store
- BONUS IDEA – Start a blog!: I started writing this blog a little over two years ago, and in that time it has gotten to the point where it now earns more than my wife’s full time day job. I actually got so many questions about how I did it, that I turned it into an ebook! Check out the making money with a blog e-book.
So there you have it 6 ways to make a little extra money on the side. This list is only a starting point designed to get you started thinking about those extra revenue streams in your life that you can take advantage of. Don’t delay – start today!
More Ideas For Supplementing Your Paycheck
- Ways To Make Extra Money Series: Guide To Diversifying Your Sources Of Income
- Ways To Make Extra Money Series: 5 More Great Ideas For Creating Extra Income
- Ways To Make Extra Money Series: 5 Simple Ways to Create Income
- 6 More Ways To Make Some Extra Money
Last Edited: 4th March 2010