Over at ZenHabits.net they give 20 good tips on things you can do to improve your finances.
Among my favorite hacks that they mention:
- Use Cash: We have started doing this more often at our house – paying cash for everything from furniture to new cars. It's amazing how much nicer paid off things are when you don't have to worry about a payment!
- Small Money Transfers: Trick yourself into saving by making small money transfers throughout the year, instead of a few bigger ones.
- Cut Cable TV: Try cutting the cable TV and engaging in more worthwhile activities.
- Declutter: By decluttering the house you'll be making a bit of money by selling things, and making it harder to buy things because you don't want the clutter to grow again.
- Stay Home: When you go out, you're more likely to spend un-necessarily. Stay home and entertain yourselves with a board game!
What hacks or tips and tricks do you have to save money and improve your finances?